Neuropharmacology Poster Session
1. Talmi M, Carlier E, Soumireu-Mourat B. Similar effects of aging and corticosterone treatment on mouse hippocampal function. Neurobiol Aging, 1993; 14: 239-245
2. Hortnagl H, Berger ML, Havelec L and Hornykiewicz O. Role of glucocorticoids in the cholinergic degeneration in rat hippocampus induecd ethylcholine aziridinum (AF64A). J Neurosci, 1993; 13: 2939-2945
3. Zhou JZ, Zhang YX. Neurotoxicity of corticosterone on the primary cultured hippocampal neurons and it underlying mechanism. Chin J Neurosci, 1998; 14:11-16.
4. Tombaugh GC and Sapolsky RM. Endocrine features of glucocorticoids endangerment in hippocampus astrocytes. Neuroendocrinology, 1993; 57: 7-11
5. Bliss TV, Collingridge GL. A synaptic model of memory: long-term potentiation in the hippocampus. Nature, 1993; 361(6407):31-39
6. Teyler TJ, DiScenna P. Long-term potentiation. Annu Rev Neurosci, 1987;10:131-61
7. Ramirez OA, Carrer HF. Correlation between threshold to induce long-term potentiation in the hippocampus and performance in a shuttle box avoidance response in rats. Neurosci Lett 1989; 104(1-2):152-156
8. Ramirez OA, Orsingher OA, Carrer HF. Differential threshold for long-term potentiation in the hippocampus of rats with inborn high or low learning capacity. Neurosci Lett, 1988; 92(3):275-279
9. Zhang YX, Saito H, Nishiyama N and Abe K. Effects of DX-9386, A traditional Chinese medicicnal prescription, on long-term potentiation in the dentate gyrus in rats. Biol Pharm Bull, 1994; 17(10):1337-1340
10.Abe K, Xie FJ, Saito H. Epidermal growth factor enhances short-term potentiation and facilitates induction of long-term potentiation in rat hippocampal slices. Brain Res, 1991; 547(1):171-174
11.Lynch G, Larson J, Kelso S, et al. Intracelluar injection of EGTA block induction of hipocampal long-term potentiation. Nature, 1983; 305:719
12.Grover IM, Teyler TJ. Two components of long-term potentiation induced by different patterns of afferent activation. Nature, 1990; 347:477
13.Malenka RC, Medison DV and Nicoll RA. Potentiation of synaptic transmission in the hippocampus by phorbol esters. Nature, 1986; 321:175
14.Zhou M, Hu Y, Schultz C, et al. Role of guanylyl cyclase and cGMP-dependent protein kinase in long-term potentiation. Nature, 1994; 368:635
15.Zhang JT. Aging, Alzheimer*s disease and homeostasis of calcium metabolism. Acta Pharmaceutica Sinica, 1993; 28: 641-646
16.Bodnoff SR, Humphreys AG, Lehman JC, Diamond DM, Rose GM and Meaney MJ. Enduring effects of chronic corticosterone treatment on the spatial learning, sysnaptic plasticity, and hippocampal neuropathology in young and mid-aged rats. J Neurosci, 1995; 15(1):61~69
17.Landfield PW. Increased hippocampal Ca2+ channel activity in brain aging and dementia. Annal NY Acad Sci, 1994; 747:351-364.
18.Kerr DS, Campbell LW, Oliver T and Landfield PW. Hippocampal glucocorticoid receptor activation enhances voltage-dependent Ca2+ conductances: relevence to brain aging. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA, 1992; 89:8527-8531
19.Banker GA and Cowan WM. Rat hippocampal neurons in dispersed ell culture. Brain Res, 1977; 126:397-425.
20.Espevik T and Nissen-Meyer J. A highly sensitive cell line, WEHI 164 clone 12 for measuring cytotoxic factor/tumor necrosis factor from human monocytes. J Immunol Methods, 1986; 95:99-105.
21.Sakmann B, Neher E. Patch clamp techniques for studing ionic channels in excitable membrane. Ann Rev Physiol, 1984; 46:455-472.
22.Zhou JZ, Zhang YX and Zhou JH. Increased corticosterone levels in both plasma and hippocampus and their relationship with hippocampal ATP depletion in Senescence accelerated Mouse (SAM). Chin J of Parmaco and Toxico, 1998; 14:12-15.
23.Packan DR and Sapolsky RM. Glucocorticoids endangerment of the hippocampus: tissue, steroid and receptor specificity. Neuroendocrinology, 1990; 51, 613-620.
24.Zhou JZ, Zhang YX and Zhou JH. Neurotoxic effect of corticosterone on primary cultured hippocampal cells and its relationship with excitatory amino acids. Chin J Parmacol Toxico, on the press.
25.Moghddam B, Boliano ML, Stein-Beherens B and Sapolsky R. Glucocorticoids mediate the stress-induced accumulation of extracellular glutamate. Brain Res, 1994; 655:251-254.
26.Virgin CE, Ha TP, Pachan DR, Tombaugh GC, Yang SH Horner HC and Sapolsky RM. lucocorticoids inhibit glucose transport and glutamate uptake in hippocampal astrocytes: implication for glucocorticoid. J Neurochem, 1991; 57: 1422-1428.
27.Johntson D, Williams S, Jaffe D and Gray R. NMDA-receptor-independent long-term potentiation. Ann Rev Physiol, 1992; 54:489-505
28.Yamamoto KR. Steroid receptor regulated transcription of specific genes and gene network. Ann Rev Genet, 1985; 19:209-217
| Discussion Board | Next Page | Your Poster Session |
|Zhou, JZ; Zhang, YX; Zheng, JQ; Zhou, JH; (1998). Effect of Corticosterone on Hippocampal Synaptic Plasticity and Voltage-dependent Calcium Channel on the Membrane of Hippocampal Neurons. Presented at INABIS '98 - 5th Internet World Congress on Biomedical Sciences at McMaster University, Canada, Dec 7-16th. Available at URL http://www.mcmaster.ca/inabis98/neuropharm/zhou0107/index.html|
|© 1998 Author(s) Hold Copyright|