Immunology & Immunological Disorders Poster Session
1. Ban, E., G. Milon, N. Prudhomme, G. Fillion and F. Hour. (1991). “Receptors for Interleukin-1 (alpha and beta) in Mouse Brain: Mapping and Neuronal Localisation in Hippocampus.” Neurosci. 43(1): 21-30.
2. Bandtlow, C. E., M. Meyer, D. Lindholm, M. Spranger, R. Heumann and H. Thoenen. (1990). “Regional and cellular codistribution of Interleukin 1ß and Nerve growth factor mRNA in the adult rat brain; possible relationship to regulation of nerve growth factor synthesis.” J Cell Biol. 111: 1701-11.
3. Berkenbosch, F., R. de Rijk, K. Schotanus, D. Wolvers and A. M. Van Dam. (1992). The Immune-hypothalamo-pituitary Axis: Its role in Immunoregulation and Tolerance to Self-antigens. interleukin-1 in the brain. Oxford, Pergamon Press.
4. Blatteis, C. M. (1992). The Pyrogenic actions of Cytokines. interleukin-1 in the brain. Oxford, Pergamon Press.
5. Busbridge, N. J., M. J. Dascombe, F. J. H. Tilders, J. W. A. M. Van Oers, E. A. Linton and N. J. Rothwell. (1989). “Central action of thermogenesis and fever by interleukin-1 beta and interleukin-1 alpha: involves different mechanisms.” Biochem Biophys Res Comm. 16: 591-96.
6. Cacabelos, R., X. A. Alvarez, L. Fernandez-Novoa, A. Franco, R. Mangues, A. Pellicer and T. Nishimura. (1994). “Brain Interleukin-1ß in Alzheimer Disease and Vascular Dementia.” Meth Find Exp Clin Pharmacol. 16(2): 141-151.
7. Colotta, F., F. Re, M. Muzio, R. Bertini, N. Polentarutti, M. Sironi, J. G. Giri, S. K. Dower, J. E. Sims and A. Mantovani. (1993). “Interleukin-1 type II receptor: a decoy target for IL-1 that is regulated by IL-4.” Science. 261: 472-75.
8. Cooper, A. and N. J. Rothwell. (1994). Central control of metabolic and thermoregulatory responses to injury. Brain control of responses to trauma. Cambridge University Press.
9. Cunningham, J. E. T. and E. B. De Souza. (1993). “Interleukin-1 receptors in the brain and endocrine tissues.” Immuno today. 14(4): 171-76.
10. Dascombe, M. J., R. A. LeFeuvre, B. O. Sagay, N. J. Rothwell and M. J. Stock. (1989). “Pyrogenic and thermogenic effects of interleukin-1ß in the rat.” Am J Physiol. 256: E7-E11.
11. Dunn, A. J. (1990). “Interleukin-1 as a stimulator of hormone secretion.” Prog NeuroEndocrinImmunol. 3: 26-34.
12. Farrar, W. L., P. L. Kilian, M. R. Ruff, J. M. Hill and C. B. Pert. (1987). “Visualisation and characterisation of interleukin-1 receptors in brain.” J Immunol. 139: 459-463.
13. Ganong, W. F. (1987). Review of Medical Physiology. California, Appleton and Lange.
14. Giulian, D., T. J. Baker, L. N. Shin and L. B. Lachman. (1986). “Interleukin-1 of the central nervous system is produced by amoeboid microglia.” J Exp Med. 164: 594-604.
15. Giulian, D. and L. B. Lachman. (1985). “Interleukin-1 stimulation of astroglial proliferation after brain injury.” Science. 228: 497-500.
16. Gottschall, P. E., G. Komaki and A. Arimura. (1992). Interleukin-1ß activation of the Central Nervous System. interleukin-1 in the brain. Oxford, Pergamon Press.
17. Grahn, D., D. C. Norman and T. T. Yoshikawa. (1987). “Fever and ageing: central nervous system prostaglandin E2 in response to endotoxin.” Exp Gerontol. 22: 249-55.
18. Griffin, W. S. T., L. C. Stanley, C. Ling, L. White, V. MacLeod, L. J. Perrot, C. L. White III and C. Araoz. (1989). “Brain interleukin-1 and S-100 immunoreactivity are elevated in Down's syndrome and Alzheimer's disease.” Proc Natl Acad Sci of USA. 86: 7611-15.
19. Haour, F., E. Ban, D. Baran, G. Milon and G. Fillion. (1990). “Brain Interleukin-1 receptors in the mouse: characterisation and modulation after Lipopolysaccharide (LPS) injection.” Prog Neuroimmunoendocrinol. 3: 196-204.
20. Haour, F., E. Ban, C. Marquette, G. Milon and G. Fillion. (1992). Brain Interleukin-1 Receptors: Mapping, Characterisation and Modulation. interleukin-1 in the brain. Oxford, Pergamon Press.
21. Hopkins, S. J. and N. J. Rothwell. (1995). “Cytokines and the Nervous System I: expression and recognition.” TINS. 18(2): 83-88.
22. Horan, M. A., R. A. Little, N. J. Rothwell and M. J. Stock. (1988). “Changes in body composition, brown adipose tissue activity and thermogenic capacity in BN/BiRij rats undergoing senescence.” Exp Gerontol. 23: 455-61.
23. Hori, T., M. Shibata, T. Nakashima, M. Yamasaki, A. Asami, T. Asami and H. Koga. (1988). “Effects of interleukin-1 and arachidonate on the preoptic and anterior hypothalamic neurons.” Brain Res Bull. 20: 75-82.
24. Jirikowski, G. F., P. P. Sanna and F. E. Bloom. (1990). mRNA coding for oxytocin is present in the axons of hypothalamo-neurohypophyseal tract. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA. 87: 7400-7404.
25. Katsuura, G., A. Arimura, K. Koves and P. Gottschall. (1990). “Involvement of organum vasculosum of lamina terminalis and preoptic area in interleukin-1ß induced ACTH release.” Am J Physiol. 258: E163-E171.
26. Katsuura, G., P. Gottschall and A. Arimura. (1988). “Identification of a high-affinity receptor for interleukin-1 beta in rat brain.” Biochem Biophys Res Comm. 156(1): 61-67.
27. Lachman, L. B., D. C. Brown and C. Dinarello. (1987). “Growth-promoting effect of recombinant IL-1 and TNF for a human astrocytoma cell line.” J Immunol. 138: 2913-16.
28. Lechan, R. M., R. Toni, B. D. Clark, J. G. Cannon, A. R. Shaw, C. A. Dinarello and S. Reichlin. (1990). “Immunoreactive interleukin-1ß localisation in the rat forebrain.” Brain Res. 514: 135-140.
29. Luheshi, G., S. Hopkins, R. Lefeuvre, M. Dascombe, P. Ghiara and N. Rothwell. (1993). “Importance of brain IL-1 type II receptors in fever and thermogenesis in the rat.” Am J Physiol, Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 265: E585-E591.
30. McCarthy, D. O., M. J. Kluger and A. J. Vander. (1985). The effect of peripheral and intracerebroventricular injection of interleukin-1 on food intake of rat. The Physiologic, Metabolic and Immunologic Actions of Interleukin-1 . New York, A. R. Liss.
31. McElwen, B., H. Chao, R. Spencer, R. Brinton, L. Macissac and A. Harrelson. (1987). “Corticosteroid receptors in brain: relationship of receptors to effects in stress and ageing.” Ann NY Acad Sci. 512: 351.
32. Nicola, N. A. (1994). Guidebook to cytokines and their receptors. Guidebooks. 261.
33. Parnet, P., S. Amindari, C. Wu, D. Reese, E. Goujon, J. Weyhenmeyer, R. Dantzer and K. Kelley. (1994). “Expression of type I and type II interleukin-1 receptors in mouse brain.” Mol Brain Research. 27: 64-70.
34. Rothwell, N. J. (1991, Nov). “Functions and Mechanisms of Interleukin-1 in Brain.” TiPS. 12: 430-436.
35. Rothwell, N. J. (1992). Metabolic Responses to Interleukin-1. interleukin-1 in the brain. Oxford, Pergamon Press.
36. Rothwell, N. J. and R. D. Dantzer. (1992). interleukin-1 in the brain. Pergamon studies in neuroscience. 207.
37. Rothwell, N. J. and S. J. Hopkins. (1995). “Cytokines and the Nervous System II: actions and mechanisms of actions.” TINS. 18(3): 130-136.
38. Scapagliata, G., P. Ghiara, M. Bartalini and B. D. Tagliabue. (1989). “Differential binding of IL-1 alpha and IL-1 beta to receptors on B and T-cells.” FEBS Lett. 243: 394-398.
39. Shintani, F., T. Nakaki, S. Kanba, R. Kato and M. Asai. (1995, Feb). “Role of interleukin-1 in stress responses. A putative neurotransmitter.” Mol Neurobiol. 10(1): 47-71.
40. Strijbos, P. J. L. M., M. A. Horan, F. Carey and N. J. Rothwell. (1993). “Impaired febrile responses of ageing mice are mediated by endogenous lipocortin-1 (annexin-1).” Am J Physiol. 265: E289-97.
41. Takao, T., D. E. Tracey, W. M. Mitchell and E. B. De Souza. (1990). “Interleukin-1 Receptors in Mouse Brain: Characterisation and Neuronal Localisation.” Endocrinol. 127(6): 3070-78.
42. Tsagaraki, S., G. Gilles, L. H. Rees, M. Besser and A. Grossman. (1989). “Interleukin-1 directly stimulates the release of corticotropin factor from the rat hypothalamus.” Neuroendocrinol. 49: 98-101.
| Discussion Board | Next Page | Your Poster Session |
|Qureshi, NH; Mc Bennett, S; Andrews, F; (1998). Age And Temperature Related Changes In IL-1 Binding And Expression In Mouse Brain.. Presented at INABIS '98 - 5th Internet World Congress on Biomedical Sciences at McMaster University, Canada, Dec 7-16th. Available at URL http://www.mcmaster.ca/inabis98/immunology/qureshi0695/index.html|
|© 1998 Author(s) Hold Copyright|