Cell Biology Poster Session
1. Storey, K.B., and J.M. Storey (1990) Metabolic rate depression and biochemical adaptation in anaerobiosis, hibernation and estivation. Quart. Rev. Biol. 65: 145-174.
2. McClanahan, L. (1967) Adaptation of the spadefoot road, Scaphiopus couchii, to desert environments. Comp. Biochem. Physiol., 20:73-99.
3. Jones, R.M. (1980) Metabolic consequences of accelerated urea synthesis during seasonal dormancy of spadefoot toads, Scaphiopus couchi and Scaphiopus multiplicatus. J. Exp. Zool., 212:255-267.
4. Seymour, R.S. (1973) Energy metabolism of dormant spadefoot toads (Scaphiopus). Copeia 1973:435-445.
5. Brooks, S.P.J., and Storey, K.B. (1989) Regulation of glycolytic enzymes during anoxia in the turtle Pseudemys scripta. Am. J. Physiol. 257: R278-R283.
6. Cowan, K.J. (1998) Evidence for reversible phosphorylation control of metabolism during prolonged environmental stress. Ph.D. Thesis, Chemistry, Carleton University.
7. Mehrani, H. and Storey, K.B. (1995) CAMP-dependent protein kinase and anoxia survival in turtles: purification and properties of liver PKA. Mol. Cell. Biochem. 145: 81-88.
8. Mehrani, H. and Storey, K.B. (1995) Liver protein kinase C isozymes: properties and enzyme role in a vertebrate facultative anaerobe. Int. J. Biochem. Cell Biol. 28: 1257-1269.
9. Mehrani, H. and Storey, K.B. (1995) Effects of anoxia on protein phosphatase in turtle organs: purification and properties of protein phosphatase type-1 from turtle liver. Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 316: 836-843.
10. Ekkman, P., and Jaeger, O. (1993) Quantification of subnanomolar amounts of phosphate bound to seryl and threonyl residues in phosphoproteins using alkaline hydrolysis and malachite green. Anal. Biochem. 214: 138-141.
11. Grundy, J.E., and Storey, K.B. (1997) Antioxidant defenses and lipid peroxidation damage in estivating toads, Scaphiopus couchii. J. Comp. Physiol. B 168: 132-142.
| Discussion Board | Next Page | Your Poster Session |
|Storey, KB; Cowan, KJ; MacDonald, JA; Storey, JM; (1998). Reorganization of organ metabolic potential and signal transduction capacity during estivation in spadefoot toads, Scaphiopus couchii.. Presented at INABIS '98 - 5th Internet World Congress on Biomedical Sciences at McMaster University, Canada, Dec 7-16th. Available at URL http://www.mcmaster.ca/inabis98/cellbio/storey0151/index.html|
|© 1998 Author(s) Hold Copyright|