Skip to navigation content (Press Enter).

McMaster University


Resolving HR supervisor workflow issues for travel and expense reports


NOTE: This section updated March 27, 2014 to reflect a change in process. See Change to McMaster's travel and expense system for details.


What to do if you have a travel or expense report stuck at HR supervisor

Individuals who previously submitted a travel or expense report that routed to an incorrect HR supervisor now have two options.

  • Ask the incorrect HR supervisor to reject the claim; then modify the rejected claim by adding a purpose approver and resubmit it
  • If the incorrect HR supervisor is not available, claimants may request that the travel and expense department manually change the report to add the correct purpose approver. Send requests, including the expense report number (full ER#) and an explanation, to Sharon Patry at