From Toronto, Oakville, Burlington (Central Campus)
- Travel westbound on the QEW or Highway 407
- In Burlington, take Highway 403 to downtown Hamilton
Highway 403 at the Main Street West off ramp
- At the traffic signal turn left on to Main Street West, and then:
For South Campus, Science & Engineering buildings, or the McMaster University Medical Centre
Continue along Main Street West to Emerson Street and turn right at the Main Street West entrance onto the
For West Campus, Alumni offices, West Quad student residences, or the Campus Services Buildings
Continue along Main Street West and turn right onto Cootes Drive. Take the off ramp on your right onto the
For Central Campus, the McMaster University Student Centre, or North Quad student residences
After turning left onto Main Street West, turn immediately right on Newton Avenue. As this street crosses King
Street it becomes Sterling Street. Proceed up Sterling Street onto the McMaster campus.
GO Transit provides direct transit service to McMaster's GO Terminal on west campus, from Sunday to Friday,
along two GO Transit corridors:
- An express bus connection to/from the Burlington GO Station with convenient transfers with the Lakeshore GO
- GO bus service along the Highway 407 corridor includes service at three carpool lots in Burlington and
Oakville, as well as bus stops in Mississauga, Brampton and York University.
- Burlington Transit's route #1 bus travels along Plains Road and Fairview Street from the Appleby GO Station
to downtown Hamilton, where you can transfer to a Mac-bound Hamilton Transit (HSR) bus.
- Directions for Bus Charters: Follow detailed directions above, to appropriate campus entrance.
Those traveling by transit can find further information at sustainability.mcmaster.ca. For parking rates and information visit parking.mcmaster.ca.
Purchase transit tickets at Compass Information Centre, McMaster University Student Centre Marketplace.