Integrated Telematic Services and Communication Through Scientific IRC: Virtual User Communities of Biomedicine in UNInet

Electronic journal club will survive 1999

grover
groverak@fhs.mcmaster.ca

Thanx for your encouraging remarks.  I have decided to give it one more year but I still feels to assess it I will need tools.  Perhaps I will ask my clients.
akg

On Thu Dec 10, Maria Jesus Coma wrote
-------------------------------------
>On Wed Dec 9, grover wrote
>--------------------------
>>About two years ago, I wanted to start a journal club in molecular pharmacology at McMaster University.  I approached a few grad students and I was told that it would be a non-starter since they would view it as another imposition.  Then I threw around the idea of doing it on a web site and that seemed to be more palatable.
>>www-fhs.mcmaster.ca/mcpharm/

>Dr. Grover:  
>Congratulation for their educational initiative!. It is truly a great one  scientific activity. For us it is difficult to gauge the success, because  it depends it on the objectives that it has been traced. There is who the figure in  the quantity, and there is who prefers the selection and the quality.

>An idea that would even enrich but -if it was possible - that activity is maybe, to incorporate but telematic resources, and especially text conference or IRC, since this way the participation would be fomented. The text conference, being "written word", it looks like "oral chat", and it facilitates the intervention  of the participants.  

>An admired greeting

[ Previous ] [ Next ] [ Index ]           Mon Dec 14