RezPhone Residence Phone Service

RezPhoneS FAQ’S

Q: How much does it cost?

A: Telephone service is included in your residence fees.

Q: Can I use my cordless/modem/fax machine?

A: No. All telephone ports in residence are digital. Connecting analogue devices such as these to a digital connection can damage the analogue device.

Q: How do I record a personal message?

A: Lift handset, press message key, enter the extension number followed by the pound key (#), enter the password followed by the pound key (#) [originally set to 1 followed by your extension number], press 8, then press 2.

To access your external greeting, press 1; to access your internal greeting, press 2. To record, press 5, press pound (#) to end recording.

To review greeting, press 2. Hang up when finished.

Q: How do I forward my line to another extension?

A: Without lifting the handset, press the forward key, dial the extension number you wish to forward to, and then press forward again. The black arrow will stay solid to indicate that the phone is forwarding. To cancel forwarding, press the forward key once.

(By pressing the forward key, your extension will forward to the previously entered extension.)

Q: Can I change my ringer?

A: No. You do not have the ability to change your ringer from your set, just the volume of the ring.

Q: What about help? Who can I contact?

A: You can call extension x24357 for assistance. If no one is available to take your call, please leave a message and it will be returned as soon as possible.

Q: What if I change rooms or even beds within my room?

A: Telecommunications can only act on room and bed changes authorized directly by Residence Admissions/Housing. You will need to use the extension that was assigned to you by housing.

Q: Is there a Student inquiry office that I can visit?

A: Yes. You can visit us year round at the UTS Service Desk in BSB Room 245, Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm.

Q: Still have questions?

A: If you have questions, then please send an email to anytime!