Neuroscience Poster Session

Re: Poster 597

Ales Stuchlik
stuchlik@biomed.cas.cz

On Sun Dec 6, Grover wrote
--------------------------
>Dr. Stuchlik: I am glad to see your nice presentation and hope you enjoy the meeting.  I wonder how much of this effect has to do simply with the third dimension being involved in such an estimation.  Have you or any one else carried out  experiments where the stable path is uphill or downhill or steps are involved?
>

Dear dr. Grover,
thanks for your appreciation. as concerns your interesting questions, I have not tried to involve the 3rd dimension into our experiments, but there are a few of interesting exps. carried out in our lab to investigate the orientation with respect to the terrain slope. rats are able to detect a slope of even severeal degrees in order to navigate to a feeder, and in these mentioned exps they probably used an angle btween arena surface and arena wall to notify such small diference. If you are interested, I can surely send you some references of some reprints. Mammals are predominantly considered to move in 2dimensional environment, so most of the spatial navigation studies are designed in this manner. But the 3rd dimension is surely a great challenge for the coming years, and we have to consider it as an important factor to involve in our studies!! Thanks

With best regards   Ales Stuchlik

[ Previous ] [ Next ] [ Index ]           Mon Dec 14