Development of Social Phobia

About the "Missing" Papers

Jonathan Oakman
jmoakman@watarts.uwaterloo.ca

About the "Missing" Papers

Due to some unforseen technical constraints, some of the symposium papers did not get posted on time, and do not appear as part of the symposium. In particular, the papers entitled A Preface to the Internet World Congress '98 Symposium on 'The Development of Social Phobia' and the commentary provided by Dr. Asendorpf entitled Guest Commentary were written following the submission of the other papers in the symposium. The late submission of these papers made it difficult to post them as part of the symposium. Technical difficulties with Dr. Albano's paper entitled Social Phobia in Children and Adolescents: Current Treatment Approaches also made posting of the paper with the rest of the symposium presentations quite difficult.

Attempts have been made to post each of these papers with the rest of the symposium presentations. Indeed, they may appear there when the conference opens tomorrow. In the event that these papers are not accessible at the start of the conference, I have posted them to the discussion board, and each is listed just below this message on the discussion board. Due to the length of Dr. Albano's paper, it appears in two parts: the main body text and the references. Let me encourage symposium attendees to read both Dr. Albano's paper, which discusses the cognitive-behavioral treatment of children with social phobia, and Dr. Asendorpf's paper, which provides an integrative commentary on the symposium.

Please let me apologize for the inconvenience this has caused, especially for the inconvenience to Dr. Albano and Dr. Asendorpf.

Listed below is information concerning the institutional affiliation and email address of these two authors:

Anne Marie Albano, Ph.D.

Department of Psychiatry

Institute for the Study of Child and Adolescent Anxiety Disorders

Child Study Center

NYU Medical Center

550 First Avenue

New York, NY 10016

E-mail: albana01@popmail.med.nyu.edu

Jens B. Asendorpf

Institut für Psychologie

Humboldt-Universität Berlin

Oranienburger Str.18