|The Arms of the University|
|The Lord Lyon King of Arms, Edinburgh, granted the University the Arms shown here on October 20, 1930. During their creation Dr. W. H. McNairn, Professor of Geology and a student of heraldry, was "the chief source of inspiration."||The Coat of Arms consists of an escutscheon or shield, a crest, and a
motto, together with a helmet.
Click on the Coat of Arms for close-up views with heraldic context.
Information for this site came from
"The Insignia of
McMaster" by R.P.Graham
Use of the McMaster Coat of Arms is protected by copyright law. For more specific information on the allowed uses
of the McMaster Coat of Arms, please refer to the related copyright policy.