The McMaster Partnership Development Unit ("PDU") is a pilot project whose mandate is to develop new business opportunities and revenue streams for the university. Specifically the PDU will work with business units across the university to identify new, mutually beneficial synergistic opportunities that include but are not limited to;
- Sponsorship sales and partnership development
- Event development and facility maximization
- The expansion of current programs and the establishment of new initiatives
- Increased support for current units and programs
This pilot was launched in March of 2013 with the support of a steering committee consisting of senior personnel from each of the universities various business units.
To date the unit has established the following partnerships and initiatives;
- An exclusive promotional partnership with Bell Mobility which will save the University significant money and also provide students and staff with access to cellular plans not available anywhere else.
- The Launch of the McMaster "Maroon App" which provides students and staff with unique deals and opportunities with partners on and off campus
- Partnerships with the following companies which include benefits for students and staff
For more information on the Partnership Development Unit contact the Office of the Vice-President (Administration).