The information on this page is not for applicants. Refer to your acknowledgment email for instructions on how to activate your MAC ID and check the status of an application in the portal (https://applicants.mcmaster.ca).
UTS provides an email account to all undergraduate students who are currently registered in courses. The undergraduate email is powered by Google and provides up to 25 GB of storage for student accounts.
It is necessary to enable your macid services in order to create your email account. You may enable your services at any time after you have completed registration in solar and confirmed your payment agreement.
You must follow the below steps to enable this service:
- Complete your course registration and confirm Payment Agreement in SOLAR
- Wait 24 hours after completing Step1 and then log into MUGSI and click on Enable your MAC ID Services (please note; this is different from activating your MAC ID). Instructions on how to enable your services:
- Once you complete the Enable your MAC ID Services step, you will be able to log into the account within 1 hour. At that time you will be able to send email however you will have to wait until after 8 am on the morning following to be able to receive to the account.
Your E-Mail address will be: email@example.com
- To get to your inbox, go to https://studentmail.mcmaster.ca and log in with your MAC ID and password (make sure you've completed Enable Services Step)
- E-mail quota is 25 GB maximum.
- Your e-mail account will expire on January 31st of the following academic year.
- In order to keep your account current with your status at the university, it is advised to complete the "enable your macid services" step annually at the time of registration in courses.