MAC ID is McMaster username that is unique to an employee, student, visitor or guest and is used to access various network resources.
To change your MAC ID password visit: Mosaic MAC ID Management
If the password is forgotten, you may reset it by answering your challenge questions (they were setup during the activation process) https://mosaic.mcmaster.ca/psp/prepprd/EMPLOYEE/MCM_PSFT_BO/c/MCM_CUSTOM_MENU.MCM_MACID_FGOT_PWD.GBL
MAC ID is your McMaster username that is unique to an employee and is used to access various network resources such as:
- Virtual Private Networking to McMaster
- Network Shared Drives
- use of on campus antivirus program free of charge
- wireless access on campus
- McMaster email account
- Business Applications, e.g. Mosaic, CHA, mandatory AODA training
A new employee will be provided a macid and activation key by Human Resources on their first day of work or before. The employee will then be required to activate the macid at https://mosaic.mcmaster.ca/psp/prepprd/EMPLOYEE/MCM_PSFT_BO/c/MCM_CUSTOM_MENU.MCM_MACID_ACTIVATE.GBL . This allows them to create a new password and set up challenge questions and answers.
MAC ID is your McMaster username that is unique to a student and is used to access various McMaster resources such as:
- UTS Student Labs
- Wireless access on campus
- McMaster email account
- Avenue to Learn
- Online Voting System
Applicants are preassigned a MAC ID upon applying to McMaster University. An applicant must Activate their MAC ID by going to https://applicants.mcmaster.ca and supplying the necessary information that is in the acknowledgment email.
These three types of accounts represent non-person specific entities.
- Generic Accounts are used to receive and send email that may be specific to an event, study, or area of interest.
- Departmental Accounts are used by various departments on campus to recieve and send email specific to that department and redistribute to appropriate people within the department for response.
- Role Based Accounts are used to receive and send email to a specific role within the university such as dean, admin etc.
Accounts of these type must, by default, have an expiry date that may be extended upon request by the account sponsor.
If you are hosting an event that requires guests to have access to wifi while on campus, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: the name of the event, the number of guest IDs required, the start date and the end date of the event. The request must be submitted by a McMaster employee.
MAC ID for employees is setup by Human Resources on or before the date of hiring..
MAC IDs for students are self activated.
MAC ID for guests is setup within 3 business days from the day of a request by the McMaster Department to the UTS Service Desk via email@example.com.