MAC ID is a unique, common identifier enabling single sign-on for a number of McMaster systems and applications. Your MAC ID is not your employee or student number. If you are unsure if you have a macid, it is generally, the first part of your email address before the @ symbol.
You are required to change your MAC ID password every year.
Changing you Macid Password
Use the online password change tool to change your password to the new, more secure standard.
Obtaining a MAC ID
- All existing employees have been provided with a MAC ID. New employees and students are assigned a MAC ID. This MACID needs to be activated.
Activate Your MAC ID
Activating Your Email Account
- Students and employees are required to also activate their McMaster email accounts. Students are eligible activate their email accounts on the first day of the semester in which they are enrolled. Employees may activate their email accounts on their official start date.
To activate your email account:
- Please go to https://mosaic.mcmaster.ca select the
"Navigator" in the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on Macid and Email Management.
- Select the Activate Button, then save.
- Please note that your account may not be fully functional for 24 hours.