||Your membership will distinguish your institution and reflect your commitment to teaching excellence and the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning. It publicizes that the climate of the institution is positive and nurturing for teaching and learning. As Samuel Thompson says in the National Teaching and Learning Forum, Vol. 10, No. 5:
“It takes a supportive climate for any garden to grow: administration’s role in fostering a culture of scholarship around teaching and learning doesn’t involve taking on the gardening job directly—administration’s role is climate control.”
Founding Institutional Members
Forty-eight universities and colleges across Canada represent the Society's founding institutional members. This establishes a real force for change in the Canadian post-secondary sector and a stable funding base for the Society.
- Savings on Individual Memberships in STLHE—Our Institutional Memberships allow an unlimited number of individuals from your college or university to join the Society at a discounted rate!
- STLHE Publications—Every member institution will receive:
- the STLHE Newsletter—Teaching and Learning in Higher Education—published tri-annually
- one set of all STLHE Green Guides, our practical monographs on timely teaching issues, with any new membership
- upon renewal, one copy of any new publication sponsored by the Society during the membership year
- a CD of Collected Essays on Learning and Teaching, Volume 1
- access to our online networking guide linking you to colleagues across Canada and around the world.
- 20% Discount from Magna Publications—Magna Publications recently became the sponsor of the Christopher Knapper Lifetime Achievement Award. Membership in the Society now includes a 20% a discount on The Teaching Professor as well as other select subscriptions and online seminars. Please visit Magna’s website for more information.
- Recognition—We will recognize Institutional Members at our annual Conference and on the Conference programme. Your institution’s name will appear on the STLHE website, and you will have the right to use the STLHE logo on your own web site and publications to highlight your dedication to excellence in teaching and learning in higher education!
For more information on institutional membership, contact Shannon Murray, our Membership Coordinator.