What Can Genetic Models Tell Us About Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)?

Re^2: 0341: relating in vitro studies to functional effects

Henry Szechtman
szechtma@mcmaster.ca

On Tue Dec 15, Vivienne Russell wrote
-------------------------------------
>I agree with the second point that you raised. We are probably looking at normal function of a compensated system but the compensated system might not function normally in all situations and might have limitations which are only highlighted when appropriately challenged.

-I guess your task now, Vivienne, is to find a set of challenges that would map to the presumed ADHD problem, like, for instance, integrating temporal information.

>I am not sure that one can determine psychosis in a rat. One would have to establish a model for depression or OCD etc and then look at neurotransmitter differences between the test and control rats.

-I would be remiss if I did not mention that we have a paper coming out in the december issue of Behavioural Neuroscience on a possible animal model of OCD ("Quinpirole induces compulsive checking behavior in rats: a potential animal model of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)", Henry Szechtman, William Sulis and David Eilam).

>Thank you very much for your thought-provoking questions
>- and thank you especially for organising this Web conference. I have benefited tremendously and also enjoyed it very much.

-We're glad you enjoyed the meeting!
henry

>Wishing you all the best
>Viv

[ Previous ] [ Next ] [ Index ]           Tue Dec 15