Immunology & Immunological Disorders Poster Session

Re^2: Poster 327

Grover
groverak@fhs.mcmaster.ca

Dr. Kohiyama:
 Thanx for the response.  I don't know enough about this field but my impression was that some of the interleukins do control of expression of other interleukins.  May be I am wrong.  Other ways to look at this problem would be how does each interleukin act.  Again, with that many interleukins, there must be some cross-talk but this again is a guess.  If you think that there is no such possibility based on the literature, then I agree with you that it is not a concern.
Cheers
akg

On Thu Dec 10, M.Kohyama wrote
------------------------------
>On Sat Dec 5, Grover wrote
>--------------------------
>>Dr. Kohiyama:Hope you are enjoying the meeting.  Great poster.  I am bit confused. In your methods you indicated "@PBMC from patient A were stimulated with autologous tumor cells (TKB9) in medium containing IL-2, or an IL-cocktail consisting of IL-1, -2, -4, and -6, with or without IL-18, for 28 days@PBMC from patient A were stimulated with autologous tumor cells (TKB9) in medium containing IL-2, or an IL-cocktail consisting of IL-1, -2, -4, and -6, with or without IL-18, for 28 days."  With this experiment, how does one conclude that IL-18 effects were direct on the cells rather than on the cytokine molecules themselves or on some signal produced by the cocktail cytokines?  This brings to my second question, how do you think IL-18 exerts its effect?

>Dear Dr.Grover
>I can not answer your first question. Because, I don't know the example that cytokines interact directly to each other. Please teach me some example about that.
>IL-18 formaly designated IFN-g inducing factor. So the direct activation of CD8+ CTL by IL-18 may be dependent on an increase in levels of IFN-g.
>

[ Previous ] [ Next ] [ Index ]           Thu Dec 10