Cell Biology Poster Session

Thanx

grover
groverak@fhs.mcmaster.ca

Dr. Brooks:
 Thanx for the response.  I still think it is fascinating to have such a high activation energy, no matter what the mechanism.
Cheers
akg

On Mon Dec 14, Stephen Brooks wrote
-----------------------------------
>On Sun Dec 6, grover wrote
>--------------------------
>>Dr. Brooks: Fascinating results.  Hope you are having fun at the meeting. I was really fascinated that PFK had a Q10 of 3.6.  Two questions: is it known what is in the PFK molecular structure which results in such a high Q10?  Is this the same PFK which is present in most mammalian cells or a different isozyme?  Finally, I am glad that this frog does not have to live in the hot weather.
>>
>Thanks for the comments.  We presume that the PFK either exists already in an altered state via phosphorylation to change its physical characteristics or that it must be a radically different isozyme of PFK.  PFK is known to be terribly sensitive to polymerization/depolymerization and temperature may have a significant
>role in this process.  As to a PFK with a Q10 of 3.6 already existing -  I don't know of another PFK that has a Q10 in this range but most of the invertebrate PFKs have not been tested for temperature effects by themselves.  

>SteveB.
>

[ Previous ] [ Next ] [ Index ]           Mon Dec 14