Everyone communicates. Not everyone is understood.
This program has been designed in association with the DeGroote School of Business to help public relations practitioners gain the theoretical and applied knowledge required to become strategic advisors to senior level executives. Communication is a vital aspect of nearly every profession, yet few understand how to communicate strategically and effectively. Gain the knowledge and skills you need to excel within a public relations/communications role.
Who should take this program
- newcomers to the field
- current practitioners wanting to upgrade their knowledge
- individuals within any organization wanting to communicate better with their stakeholders.
Courses can be taken as part of a program or individually.
Graduates of the program will be able to:
- Demonstrate a high level of writing skill in all core areas of public relations and communications
- Demonstrate a high level of interpersonal communication skills relevant to the field of public relations
- Understand how businesses and organizations work and how the public relations function integrates with the business environment
- Analyze business environments to develop strategic communication plans that address an organization’s challenges and opportunities
- Understand all aspects of media relations
- Understand corpo
rate/social responsibility and the importance of making ethical decisions
Program Delivery Format: In class, part-time, primarily in the evenings
- FAST-TRACK diploma can be completed in 12 months! Ask your Program Manager how.
McMaster uses a course management system called Avenue to Learn. Your accounting instructor will notify you if any portion of your course will be delivered online through Avenue to Learn.