The MVP (Managing with Vision and Proficiency) Professional Development Program is undergoing some exciting changes. After collecting feedback from current, past and prospective customers as well as instructors, the Centre for Continuing Education is happy to announce six new programs that will enable participants to concentrate their learning and skill development around valued core business competencies.
The new Essentials Programs provide participants with flexibility to choose components that fit their learning and needs while earning a McMaster University Certificate of Completion* in a focused area of concentration.
Individuals who are in the process of earning a general Managing with Vision and Proficiency (MVP) Certificate of Completion have the option of finishing their general Certificate of Completion or applying workshops they’ve successfully completed towards one or more programs. For policies related to the former general MVP Certificate of Completion, please click here.
* Participants who successfully complete 5 days of training within any one Essentials Program, including the evaluation components, will be awarded a Certificate of Completion from McMaster University. Half-day courses are graded pass/fail. One- and two-day courses receive letter grades.
McMaster Employees: How to Register for Essentials Programs:
- McMaster employees may register online; or
- Fax in a registration form to 905-546-1690; or
- Phone ext. 24321.
- McMaster employees should obtain supervisor's approval prior to registering.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- Individuals must notify CCE in writing to withdraw from a course. Participants who withdraw or fail to find a substitute less than 5 business days before the start of their course will be charged a fee based on the course duration as follows: $50 -- half-day course; $100 -- one-day course; $150 -- two-day course.
- McMaster employees: a departmental account number is required in the event that a cancellation fee is assessed.
- Participants may withdraw or transfer to a different course 5 business days or more before the start of the course at no penalty.
- Participant substitutions for the same course are welcome at anytime without penalty. CCE reserves the right to substitute qualified instructors due to unforeseen circumstances.