Design, manage and maintain clinical trials.
The Certified Clinical Research Associate (CCRA) program, offered by McMaster University Continuing Education and affiliated with the Faculty of Health Sciences, is designed to develop the concepts, skills, strategies, attitudes and knowledge required to perform clinical trials.
A CCRA is an individual who functions as administrator, coordinator, consultant, educator, and/or researcher in the management of clinical trials. A CCRA will acquire skills in the administration and progress of a clinical trial while understanding the ethical and legal ramifications for all participants. This covers protocol development, data collection, analysis, monitoring, recording, auditing, ethics and regulations, liabilities and responsibilities of conducting research with human subjects.
- gain knowledge of the Canadian health care system, health care legislation, procedures and practices for regulating the development of health care products
- be able to critique a journal article and rate the evidence level
- be able to formulate a clinical development plan, ensure clinical trial data is credible and accurate and that the rights, integrity and confidentiality of trial subjects are protected
- gain an understanding of the challenges and limitations of implementing and maintaining databases
Who should take this program
- professionals from a variety of academic backgrounds, including health sciences, medicine, nursing, health informatics, or epidemiology
Program delivery format
- in class, evenings, on the main McMaster campus
McMaster has replaced ELM with a new course management system called Avenue to Learn. If any portion of your course will be delivered or available online through Avenue to Learn your instructor will notify you.