Cheques and balances. It all adds up.
McMaster University's accounting program can be tailored to meet your needs:
- If you have a degree;
- If you don't have a degree;
- If you have accounting or finance experience in the workforce;
- If you are looking to enter the accounting or finance field;
- If you are interested in becoming a Certified General Accountant (CGA);
- If you are interested in becoming a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA)
- If you are interested in becoming a Certified Management Accountant (CMA)*; or
- If you are interested in changing careers.
This program was designed in collaboration with McMaster University's DeGroote School of Business and other industry experts. It will help you:
- use financial and planning information to solve management problems
- improve and implement operating procedures in a management accounting context
There is no formal admission procedure. Students should register at least three weeks before classes begin.
Who should take this program
Program delivery formats
Courses can be taken as part of the Diploma in Accounting, the Certificate in Advanced Accounting, or individually.
- Part-time: on weekdays, evenings and weekends at the McMaster University Downtown Centre in Hamilton, Ontario
- Fast track: condensed/intensive study plans that allow you to complete the diploma in as little as 10 months
- online (self-study): study online at your own pace from the comfort of your home anywhere in Canada or internationally (NOTE: Online (self-study) courses start bimonthly with a registration cut off of the 5th day of the intake month. No exceptions.)
- online: Study online from the comfort of your home anywhere in Canada or around the world
McMaster uses a course management system called Avenue to Learn. Your accounting instructor will notify you if any portion of your course will be delivered online through Avenue to Learn.
The McMaster Accounting Diploma and the McMaster Certificate in Advanced Accounting prepare aspiring accountants or other finance professionals for an accounting career in Canada or a Canadian accounting designation such as a CGA, CPA or CMA. This program is offered in-class and online.