Helping good managers become great…
Become the performance-driven manager that leading organizations value.
Many managers feel they could take their careers and their teams to a higher level by mastering strategic change and people management practices. McMaster University’s Advanced Management Program will help you develop the tools, direction and clarity to become a great manager.
This unique and thoughtfully designed program takes experienced managers on a highly practical journey to a place of high performance. Managers from various industries come together as a group for four classroom days to explore the four core competencies shared by all great managers, and to develop performance-driven management plans that may be applied immediately with their teams.
This program is delivered through four integrated, enlightening and highly practical classroom days in Hamilton, Ontario. It includes assessments, a small group case study, and individual advising/coaching.
McMaster University’s instructors are experts in leadership and management training, human resource practices and adult learning.
Successful participants are awarded a Certificate of Completion from McMaster University.
- Learning to Lead: become the type of leader who brings out the best in yourself and your team
- Leading Change: create healthy organizational change by facilitating dialogue and addressing individual and system dynamics
- Maximizing Productivity: learn to plan in the midst of uncertainty, keep your team focused on the goal, and handle performance problems
- Developing People: engage your employees and lead high-performing teams
Who Should take this Program
- Managers with three or more years of experience and direct reports
- Anyone in a middle management role who regularly leads complex teams
- Experienced managers seeking new strategies and/or inspiration
- Successful managers who are interested in refreshing their perspective
*This program is designed for experienced managers.