The Office of Administrative Strategies provides consultation and facilitation services for administrative and academic departments throughout McMaster University. We work collaboratively with members of the campus community to improve business processes across the organization. Our primary goal is to help our colleagues enhance their effectiveness and efficiency by ensuring processes meet their needs, both within and across departmental boundaries.
To use highly developed project management, analytical and process improvement knowledge and skills to lead high-value enterprise-level process improvement projects for academic and administrative departments that provide the required features on time and on budget. We are dedicated to eliminating non-value-adding activity so that the University can focus its energies on Teaching and Research. As the University's change management consultancy, we lead staff in creating a culture of continuous improvement and respect for people.
- Identify and capitalize on opportunities across the University for sustainable operational efficiencies through end-to-end process analysis, facilitated process improvement and effective communication.
- Champion and facilitate cross-functional teams in key administrative process reviews and re-evaluations utilizing tools, techniques and methodologies.
- Continuously refine and transfer Project Management techniques and knowledge so projects provide the desired value on time and on budget.
- Facilitate the efforts of change agents throughout the organization.
- Promote the use of technology and best business prcesses to ensure service excellence.
- Encourage results-oriented measurement.
- Respect the goals, traditions and culture of the University in the conduct of work.
Last updated on October 5, 2011
Inspiring Transformation Initiatives
Administrative Strategies Initiatives